Last updated: May 16, 2023
- Program Description: The City may send mobile messages to those who opt to receive them. Program message purposes include to educate the public, to advertise and promote City services or programs, and to share information on City or other events. Message frequency will vary but will not exceed 10 promotional or educational messages per month. A disaster or public safety emergency or transactional City correspondence that update residents about an ongoing transaction (such as notices regarding secondary water) are not Program messages. Such messages may be sent and do not count toward the allowed 10 messages a month limit. You agree that the City and our third-party service providers may send you messages regarding the foregoing topics or any topic. We do not charge for mobile messages sent through the Program but you are responsible for any message and data rates imposed by your mobile provider, as standard data and message rates may apply.
- User Opt-In: Your participation in the Program is completely voluntary. By providing your mobile phone number you are voluntarily opting into the Program and you agree to receive mobile messages from us at the mobile phone number associated with your opt-in, even if such number is registered on any state or federal “Do Not Call” list. You agree that any mobile phone number you provide is a valid number of which you are the owner or authorized user. If you are no longer the owner or authorized user of the mobile phone number, you agree to promptly notify us.
- User Opt-Out and Support: You may opt-out of the Program at any time. If you wish to opt-out of the Program and stop receiving mobile messages from us, or you no longer agree to these Mobile Messaging Terms, reply STOP to any mobile message from us. You may continue to receive text messages for a short period while we process your request and you may receive a one-time opt-out confirmation message. For support, reply HELP to any mobile message from us. Our mobile messaging platform may not recognize requests that modify the foregoing commands. The City is not liable for failing to honor opt-out requests that do not comply with the above requirements. We may also change the telephone number or short code we use to send a Program message, if we do we will notify you of any such change. Any requests sent to a telephone number or short code that has been changed may not be received by us and the City is not responsible for failing to honor a request sent to a telephone number or short code that has been changed.
- Disclaimer of Warranty and Liability: The Program is offered on an “as-is” basis. You agree that neither we nor our service providers will be liable for any failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any mobile message or information sent through the Program.
- Modifications: We may modify or cancel the Program or any of its features at any time, with or without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Messaging Terms at any time. Any such modification will take effect when it is posted to our website. You agree to review these Mobile Messaging Terms periodically to ensure that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued participation in the Program constitutes your acceptance of those modifications.