Keep Riverton Beautiful is an initiative that combines city resources and engaged citizens to keep the city beautiful year-round. Details about each project or event can be found below. We encourage all citizens to take advantage of this free city-wide initiative to keep Riverton beautiful.
Supplemental information on events or initiatives will be posted on this page as it becomes available.
Free Landfill Passes
Riverton City offers free passes for residents to the Trans-Jordan Landfill throughout the year. Limit of two passes per year per household.
Pass Pickup Location:
Riverton City Hall, Utility Billing Window, 12830 S Redwood Road, Riverton, Utah 84065 | MAP IT
Trans-Jordan Landfill, 10473 South Bacchus Hwy, South Jordan, Utah 84009 | MAP IT
Christmas Tree Recycling
Properly dispose of live Christmas trees at one of the drop-off locations: Centennial Park, Monarch Meadows Park, Riverton Rodeo Arena. Open from December 26 through the end of January.
- Centennial Park, 13000 S 2700 W, Riverton, Utah 84065 | MAP IT
- Monarch Meadows Park, 13600 S 4800 W, Riverton, Utah 84096 | MAP IT
- Riverton Rodeo Arena, 12800 S 1300 W, Riverton, Utah 84065 | MAP IT
- For Riverton resident use only.
- Trees must be undecorated.
- Fake trees not accepted.
- Trash not accepted.
Spring Clean Days
Riverton City is sponsoring two Spring Clean Days in April 2021 with community dumpsters at two locations available each day for 1) trash, 2) cardboard and 3) tree branches. Residents are invited spruce up their yards and homes those days and dispose of waste at the community dumpsters.
Dates & Times:
- Saturday, April 17, 2021 | 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Saturday, April 24, 2021 | 8 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Riverton City Park, 1452 W 12600 S, Riverton, Utah 84065 | MAP IT
- Western Springs Park, 4570 S Goshute Drive, Riverton, Utah 84096 | MAP IT
- Proof of Riverton residency required at time of dumping. (driver's license, utility bill, etc.)
- No business or commercial dumping.
- Residents are responsible for sorting items to be dumped before you arrive into these categories: 1) trash, 2) cardboard, 3) tree branches.
- Residents are responsible for unloading their own vehicles.
- No appliances. (stoves, fridges, dryers, washing machines, etc.)
- No electronic waste. (computers, TVs, microwaves, etc.)
- No hazardous waste. (chemicals, paints, batteries, etc.)
- No tires.
Recycle Right Day
Recycle right by bringing electronics, glass, tires, cardboard and bulk paper (for shredding) to Riverton City's recycling event.
Date & Time:
Thursday, May 20, 2021 | 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
South Parking Lot at Riverton City Hall, 12830 S Redwood Road, Riverton, Utah 84065 | MAP IT
- For Riverton resident use only.
- Proof of Riverton residency will be required at time of drop off. (driver's license, utility bill, etc.)
- No business recycling.
- Residents are responsible for emptying their own vehicles.
- Cardboard must be broken down prior to depositing in recycle bin.
- No hazardous materials. (paint, chemicals, etc.)
- Items not accepted with tire recycling: tractor tires, tire rims, wheels.
- Items not accepted with glass recycling: ceramics, light bulbs, mirrors and window frames.
- No big box TVs. (Click here to view an example.)
- No appliances. (stoves, microwaves, dishwashers, etc.)
- No batteries.
- No lights, light switches or censors or other devices containing mercury.
- No bulbs.