Conditional Use Permit / Home Occupation Checklist
Any "In-Home" Business with Employees or Customers
(dance studios, salons, spas, instructional classes, etc.) 

  1. Conditional Use Permit. Apply for a Conditional Use Permit from the Riverton City Planning Department. They have a packet and a checklist of requirements. One-time application fee required.
  2. State Business Registration. Apply with the Utah Department of Commerce for business name registration. To apply, click here.  Fee required.
  3. State Heath Inspection. Required if food is being served or nails/hair are being done. Fee required. For food related inspection requests, call 385-468-3845. For nails/hair inspection requests, call 385-468-3835.
  4. Riverton City Business License. Apply for a Riverton City business license. No fee required.
  5. Riverton City Building Inspection. $47 fee required. Building Department will collect fee & schedule inspection.
  6. Fire Department Inspection. No fee required. Business license clerk will order this inspection.

* It is applicant’s responsibility to provide items 2 & 3 when presenting completed business license application. Fee for item 5 will be collected when business license application is turned in. All licenses will be issued only after final fire and building inspections are complete.

Subscribe to
Email Notifications
Sign Up for
Text Message Alerts
Download the
Riverton Connect App