Since the 2020 Veterans Day Program has been cancelled due to COVID-19, the essay contest will not take place this year.
Youth age 8-18 years old who live in Riverton or who attend school in Riverton are invited to participate in a Veterans Day Essay Contest sponsored by Riverton City and the Riverton Arts Council. The goal of the contest is to collect stories of military veterans who made an impact in the world, in our community, or in your life. The veteran may be someone living or someone who has passed on and does not need to be from Riverton. The top three essays will be presented via audio recording at Riverton City’s Veterans Day Program on Monday, November 11, at 6:30 p.m. at the Sandra N. Lloyd Community Center.
1st Place - $100
2nd Place - $50
3rd Place - $25
Friday, November 1, 2019, end of day
- Participants must be 8-18 years old in 4th-12th Grade.
- Participants must live in Riverton or attend school in Riverton.
- Essay must not exceed one (1) page in length.
- Essay should include a brief biography of the veteran and describe the impact he/she has made on the world, on the community, and/or in your life.
- Essay must be uploaded as a .doc, .docx, .docm, or .pdf file.
- Participants are encouraged to submit a voice recording of their essay. (Not required but highly encouraged. Most smartphones have audio recorders that are easy to use.)