Riverton Mayor Trent Staggs announced the Riverton Economic Recovery Initiative on Tuesday, April 14. The initiative’s goal is to help local businesses as they face challenges stemming from COVID-19 and get the local economy back on its positive trajectory. Click here to view the initiative announcement or click here to read the press release.
- Riverton Business Blitz
- Riverton Eat Local
- Riverton Virtual Business Roundtable
- Temporary Signage Restrictions Lifted
SBA Disaster Relief Loans & Paycheck Protection Loans
Given the state of emergency in Utah, our state has been qualified by the federal government for businesses to apply for loan assistance during the COVID-19 outbreak. SBA Loans are low-interest and long-term. Local businesses who are struggling are encouraged to consider applying for assistance. Paycheck Protection Loans are availalbe to keep works on payroll during COVID-19 shutdowns.
Utah Small Business Bridge Loan Program
The Utah Governor's Office of Economic Development has launched a small business bridge loan program for businesses with fewer than 50 employees. Loan amounts range from $5,000 to $20,000 with 0% for up to 60 months. For details, click on the button below
Given the local state of emergency declared in Riverton this week, Mayor Trent Staggs issued a directive on March 19 lifting temporary signage restrictions on Riverton businesses.
COVID-19 Business Impact Survey
The South Valley Chamber is conducting a COVID-19 business impact survey. We encourage all Riverton businesses to take the 5-minute survey as the Chamber works to address the needs of business in our community.
Workforce & Unemployement Resources
The Utah Department of Workforce Services offers a number of resources for displaced employees. They also offer resources for businesses who are considering closures or layoffs that may help prevent those unwanted actions.
- Curbside Utah is a website dedicated to helping Utah restaurants through the COVID-19 crisis. The website functions as a free public directory for restaurants who offer curbside pickup, takeout and delivery options. Visit https://curbsideutah.com/ to sign up OR to view all the great restaurants in Utah still offering service.
- Support Utah Dining is a website dedicated to helping Utah restaurants through the COVID-19 crisis. Restaurant listings can be added for free and the public can browse restaurant takeout, curbside pickup, and delivery options. Visit https://supportutahdining.com/ for details.
- Local Restaurants: Riverton City is encouraging residents to support local restaurants as much as possible through pickup, delivery or drive-thru orders. Click here to see a list of local restaurants.
Know of a resource that should be listed on this page? Please email Casey Saxton at email@example.com.