Planning Commission Purpose
The Riverton City Planning Commission is tasked with the following duties:
- Prepare and recommend a general plan to the city council.
- Recommend zoning ordinances and maps, and amendments to zoning ordinances and maps, to the city council.
- Administer provisions of RCC Title 18, where specifically provided for in RCC Title 18, adopted by the city council.
- Recommend subdivision regulations and amendments to those regulations to the city council.
- Recommend approval or denial of subdivision applications to the city council.
- Recommend approval or denial of development site plan applications to the city council.
- Hear and approve or deny conditional use permits.
- Hear, decide and/or advise on any matters as delegated or directed by the city council.
The commission is composed of seven members and one alternate member. At least one member represents each of the five council districts. Members are appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the City Council.
Planning Commission meetings are normally held the on the second and fourth Thursdays of each month at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber on the second floor at Riverton City Hall, 12830 S Redwood Road, Riverton, Utah. Meetings are open to the public. Public comment is accepted during public hearings.
- Jon Gilchrist
- Shelly Cluff
- Gary Cannon
- Troy Rushton
- Keith Breinholt
- Darren Park
- Evan Matheson
To apply to serve on the Planning Commission, please click here to fill out and submit an online application. Your application will be reviewed and considered when a vacancy on the commission arises.
To contact the Planning Commission, please reach out to Planning & Zoning Department at email@example.com or 801-208-3149.
City Code Reference
Click here to view the City Code charter for the Planning Commission.