Councilwoman Tish Buroker
District 4 | Term: 2022-2026
Tish Buroker was employed in diverse healthcare settings for 38 years, including long term care, the American Red Cross and a nurse manager for a psychiatric hospital. She began working in the laboratory setting as a manager in 1994, was promoted to general manager in 1998 and retired as vice president of operations for LabCorp in 2014. In that capacity she was responsible for the day-to-day operations of four regional laboratories located in Salt Lake City, Kansas, Denver and Phoenix and six satellite laboratories located in Idaho, Nevada, South Dakota, Utah and Wyoming. After retiring she served on the board of the Homeless Care Coalition in Provo and as a court advocate. She successfully ran for Riverton City Council in 2017. She is a long-time Riverton resident with a lifetime passion for music and has fond memories of Riverton City Hall as her elementary school.
Former Board and Volunteer Positions: Rocky Mountain Infection Control (1986-1989), Riverton Parade Chair (1994-1996), Utah State Guardianship Program (2014-2017), Senior Care/Medicare Advocate (2014-2017), Riverton Centennial Celebration (2015), Riverton Historic Preservation Commission (2016-2017), Community Development Block Grant County Committee representing Riverton (2014-2017), and Jordan River Commission (2015-2022) serving as chair in 2020 and 2021.
Boards and Committees
- Riverton City Council, District 4
- Riverton Law Enforcement Service Area (RLESA), Board Member
- Riverton Fire Service Area (RFSA), Board Member
- Redevelopment Agency of Riverton City (RDA)
- Unified Fire Authority (UFA), Board of Directors
- South Valley Mosquito Abatement District, Vice Chair
- Intermountain Health Hospital Board & Quality Excellence Sub-Committee