Councilwoman Tish Buroker
District 4 | Term: 2022-2026
Tish Buroker graduated from BYU in nursing. She worked for twenty years in health care in diverse settings such as the American Red Cross, American Fork Hospital, and psychiatric settings. In 1994 she began working for a laboratory (LabCorp) in management and spent the remainder of her professional career in this arena retiring as vice-president of operations for the Rocky Mountain Division which included Utah, Idaho, Colorado, Nevada, Montana, South Dakota, Arizona and Kansas. After retiring she volunteered for several organizations at the State, County and local level and ran successfully for Riverton City Council in 2017. She is passionate about Riverton, the Jordan River, music and the arts.
Tish is a member of the American Guild of Organists and the League of Women Voters.
Former Board and Volunteer Positions: Rocky Mountain Infection Control 1986-89, Utah State Guardianship Program 2014 -2017, Senior Care/Medicare 2014 – 2017, Riverton Centennial Celebration 2015, Riverton Historical Committee 2016 – 2017, Community Development Block Grant Committee 2014 -2017.
Boards and Committees
- Riverton City Council, District 4
- Redevelopment Agency of Riverton City (RDA)
- Riverton Law Enforcement Service Area (RLESA), Board Member
- Riverton Fire Service Area (RFSA), Board Member
- Jordan River Commission, Chair
- South Valley Mosquito Abatement District, Board Member
- Utah League of Cities and Towns, Legislative Policy Committee