Councilman Claude Wells
District 5 | Term: 2020-2024
Claude Wells moved to Riverton in 2012 and built his forever home also in Riverton in 2013 with his wife Susan Wells (Susie).
Claude studied business management/economics at Westminster College and the University of Utah.
He is a graduate of the George Washington School of Government studies program for (FAR) Federal Acquisition Regulation and Subcontract Management. He is an IS9000 Lloyds of London trained auditor and holds a lifetime certification as a (CPM) Certified Purchasing Manager.
In the last 35 years he has worked in the aerospace (flight simulation), medical device, high technology electronics, and construction materials industries in middle and senior management.
He is currently self employed as a managing partner in his family’s private investments company.
Claude serves in the South Valley Rotary Club doing charitable projects and has chaired Riverton community car shows for several years.
Claude and his wife Susie have six children and six grandchildren that all live in the valley near or in Riverton. His hobbies in his free time include spending time with his family, motorcycling, golfing, walking, traveling, photography and anything outdoors.
Goals and Vision for Office
- Smart economic development
- Fiscal responsibility for city budgets
- Water conservation citywide
- Infrastructure improvement
- Public safety
- Community involvement
- Continuous improvement
- Transparency and communication to residents
Boards and Committees
- Riverton City Council, District 5
- Redevelopment Agency of Riverton City (RDA)
- Riverton Law Enforcement Service Area (RLESA), Board Member
- Riverton Fire Service Area (RFSA), Board Member
- South Valley Sewer District, Board of Trustees
- Association of Municipal Councils
- Unified Fire Authority, Board of Directors, Alternate