About the Academy
The Citizen’s Police Academy provides an opportunity to introduce community members to the operations and mission of the Riverton Police Department. The six-week academy features hands-on demonstrations, training scenarios, educational workshops and more. Instructors are selected from within the department.
Demand to participate in the program is high so applications are required to be considered for participation. The academy is limited to 30 total participants. Applications may be submitted at any time using the form below.
The Citizen’s Police Academy sponsored by the Riverton Police Department is a six-week program. Sessions are held once per week for two hours. Classes for the 2022 Citizen's Police Academy will be held during the following dates and times:
- October 6 from 6-8 p.m.
- October 13 from 6-8 p.m.
- October 20 from 6-8 p.m.
- October 27 from 6-8 p.m.
- November 3 from 6-8 p.m.
- November 10 from 6-8 p.m.
- Participation in the program is limited to Riverton residents.
- Participation in the program is limited and contingent upon selection following a review of applicants.
- Participants in the program must be 18 years of age or older.
- Participants must have a valid driver's license.
- A background check will be conducted for each successful applicant prior to program participation.
- Information collected on this form will be kept confidential.
- The application form below must be filled out as fully as possible.
- Incomplete applications will be disregarded.
- Riverton City reserves the right to communicate with applicants via email, mail, phone and/or text.