- Inlet Cleaning Program: This program involves cleaning the inlets grates and distributing stormwater awareness fliers.
- Inlet Marking Program: This program involves painting “No Dumping” on storm drain inlets, cleaning the inlets grates and distributing stormwater awareness fliers. Inlet Marketing Program Outline (The Stormwater Division will include a map showing where Inlet Marking and Cleaning programs are needed and a stormwater awareness flyer template.)
- River and Creek Program: This program mainly involves picking up trash and debris from creeks and rivers. The Stormwater Division will provide disposal of collected material. The City encourages other improvements to our creeks and rivers but funding or materials for project more than just clean up may not be available. See the Riverton City Creek Map link
Other Volunteer Ideas
City encourages projects of all types that improve our community and our public amenities. The projects must be supported and approved by the City Departments, Divisions and other agencies who have jurisdiction and maintenance responsibilities of the project areas. Funding and materials are usually not available.
Project ideas can include but not limited to:
- Removing trash, loose vegetation debris and over grown vegetation from waterways (when this involves clean up only it is sponsored by the Rivers and Creeks Program).
- Planting trees, creating gardens, vegetative buffers and other vegetation amenities near parks, rivers and creeks.
- Building pedestrian amenities, such as; walkways, and safety structures.
- Projects improving water quality and related educational efforts.
- Awareness of pollution sources.
- Pollution prevention training and education.
- Analyzing and evaluating water bodies. Visit: http://extension.usu.edu/utahwaterwatch/
- Analyzing stream habitats and aquatic biology.
- Making inventories of streamside conditions and land uses that may affect water quality.
- Building educational placards
- Cataloging and collecting changes to creeks and rivers from the fluctuation of trash to stream habitats and aquatic biology.
- Stormwater Division would like to keep a database of the findings and post it on the web.
Please email stormwater related volunteer or service project requests to Tom Beesley at firstname.lastname@example.org and copy Sheril Garn at email@example.com. Please include full details of the desired project in the email.