Riverton City's strategic priorities guide the efforts of elected officials and staff and help align city resources with need. In January of each year, the Mayor and City Council meet to discuss progress on priorities and determine modifications to the strategic plan to keep the city moving forward.
Strategic Priorities 2022-2025
Strategic Theme #1: Sense of Community
• Maintain a strong sense of community.
• Maintain a visible public safety presence and increase citizen engagement.
• Actively engage and inform residents.
Strategic Them #2: Connectivity & Infrastructure
• Expand, improve, and maintain an active transportation system.
• Properly develop city infrastructure and facilities.
• Enhance the digital infrastructure of the city.
Strategic Theme #3: Economic Development
• Develop a proactive economic development strategy.
• Attract and recruit businesses to the community.
• Enhance the Riverton Town Center area.
Strategic Theme #4: Sustainability
• Improve and expand the city’s water resources and systems.
• Remain fiscally responsible and ensure that services are sustainable into the future.
• Properly plan for the future to ensure the long-term stewardship of city property and facilities.
Strategic Plan Archive